COVID-19 The virus that’s shutting down the world as we know it.
During this difficult time it is very hard as a leadership to navigate current situations as well as plan a head. First of all, I want to thank all of you who have been supportive and helpful during this time. It is hard enough to work things out and then worry about being seconded guessed. As a leader I need to plan ahead but at the same time figure out what I can do to help my scouts use this time wisely as well. To that end the Boy Scout Leadership has come up with the following information and recommendations.
1. We are still looking ahead at OA camping trip (Friday 4/3 -4/5),
2. Eagle Scout Banquet and court of honor (4/18),
3. Parent and son canoe trip (6/7). Which require deposits and payments beforehand.
OA Camping trip (4/3-4/5) cost OA Members $35.00, those elected to take ordeal $45.00, those doing Brotherhood $40.00 Due by Monday March 9th, 2020.
Parent and son trip (June 6-7) deposit 35.00 per-person Due by Monday March 16th.
Eagle Banquet (April 18th) 15.00 per-person Due by Monday April 13th
All monies/ checks can be dropped off to the Craighead house 611 Gates Street on or before due dates listed above. Put in envelope and mark for what event. Checks made out to Troop 334
1. If you are 1st class or higher I would use this time to work on merit badges. If you do any of the Citizenships, American Heritage, Environmental Science, Personal Management, Sports, Personal Fitness, or any other merit badge (look at meritbadge.com)
2. Those scouts below 1st class, Joseph F., Tyler G., Broddy, Leif, Nicholas K, John P, Nate, Sung-il, Brandon, Thomas V, Eddie, Kyler. We need these scouts to put together a Personal first aid kit, Make a menu for a camping trip (Cracker barrel, Breakfast, lunch, Dinner, Cracker barrel, Breakfast). Then a shopping list for that menu for 20 people (what to buy and how much) PARENTS PLEASE ONLY GUIDE THEM OR LET THEM DO IT THEM SELF! Please do not do it for them it is something they will need to know as they get older.
3. Those working on Eagle I will still work with you as needed, continue on filling out paper work and any other tasks you need.
1. Based on current cancellations all Troop Fundraising (Camp Cards and Marciano’s) will be placed on hold until it can be determined the best way to go forward.
2. The Car Wash on May 16th will remain on the schedule.
3. The script program is still up and running!
We will revisit fundraising once Scout meetings resume. As changes happen we will let everyone know.